Friday, August 20, 2010

Is there a good, free, alternative to Norton Antivirus and Firewall?

Norton is really starting to slow down my computer and I'm sick of all the pop up from it....



Is there a good, free, alternative to Norton Antivirus and Firewall?antivirus download



I used to use Norton Anti-Virus and it was expensive to renew every year; then a friend told me to download AVG. It is a free anti-virus program. I did...and I love it.



Also, I had a Norton firewall and it was also costly to keep up, having to pay a renewal fee each year. Then, the same friend told me to download the free version of Zone Alarm. I did, and find it excellent.



So, you may want to check out both these free options. Good Luck!



gere



Is there a good, free, alternative to Norton Antivirus and Firewall?bmw



AVG - works well and does not take up to much space
You need more than just Anti Virus



Read the page on security on my New PC Help site.



What you need, Why you need it, Where to get it, ALL FREE



http://www.phpbbserver.com/stevie19605/v...
u can go download some virus programs at download.com
avast,avg,anti v,comodo f/w
I would suggest the following alternatives:



For virus control - AVG.



For spyware control - Microsoft Defender.



For firewall - there's a firewall built into windows that you can turn on.
Try http://tipsfromruby-internetsecurity.blo... for further help to keep your computer protected with regular virus protection and other related updates and news
yes there is and it is free go to www.comodo.com for the best firewall on the net and its free as for anti virus use avast.



to tell you the truth im not really paranoid about adware or



spyware but if you want get cyber defender anti spyware.



  • tech help and advice
  • exercise jurisdiction
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment